The smarter programming language to start with
SAS stands for the Statistical Analysis System, a software suite developed by SAS Institute Inc., one of the most successful software companies in the world. It is widely used in business intelligence area to perform data analysis and currently has become a market leader. Learning SAS can be helpful for everybody who wants to succeed as a highly paid analytics professional.
SAS programming: Heads or tails?
The core SAS benefits that keep these tools stand out in a sea of sameness include:
- Powerful programmability;
- Comprehensive data manipulation – you can manage your data in just any way possible;
- Ability to work with multiple files of any size (reports, data sets, projects, graphics, etc.) simultaneously;
- Compelling graphic solutions – for instance, SAS 8 features a point-and-click interface for creating graphs;
- Sophisticated statistical analysis – SAS can perform logistic regression, analysis of variance, multivariate analysis, survival analysis, and factor analysis.
Despite all the benefits SAS can bring to the business, this software is not within the financial reach of all. Typically, the top-rated companies, digital media networks, banks, hotels, trading firms, higher education institutions, medical centers, government agencies, etc. deploy SAS solutions for their needs.
Most important, learning SAS may be quite tricky and challenging. On the other hand, you can reveal your technical experience and unleash your analytics potentials. However, keep it in mind that you choose the steep and thorny way to reach the stars.
Top reasons why you should learn SAS first
There are so many offers, so much content, materials, guides, and forums that it becomes challenging to know where your ground zero. Moreover, learning any programming language is a huge investment of your valuable time, so you should wisely choose which one to learn and explore.
Below, we highlight several reasons why to start your data science career with SAS:
- Constantly rising in popularity as the most versatile programming language applied in all industries as well as among academic researchers and scientists;
- High demand for the skilled employees in business intelligence and advanced analytics that are able to implement their own data management solutions;
- Beyond IT and tech behemoths like Lenovo, Accennture, and Microsoft, SAS is widely used at a vast range of companies including Barclays Bank, Bank of America, National Bank of Greece, Nestle, The Wine House, Spanish Air Force, and much more;
- Significant capabilities in machine learning, data manipulation, and statistical visualization – the three pillars of data science.
Indeed, SAS is hard to learn, but it can cope better with the tricky business problems and data analysis tasks than any other analytics software.
Equip yourself for the changeable future
If you strive to pursue a career in analytics and choose to start with SAS, it is highly recommended to attend specialized training and workshops. In our hectic times, professional SAS courses are available online. Whether you are a newcomer or advanced expert, you can get the SAS certification from any corner of the world. Thus, you will learn how to think about data, solve various problems, find proper insight in the analysis as well as put your decision-making skills into practice.